Advertising


News


Investing in the Future: Arca Continental's Commitment to Innovation and Sustainability

By Editorial Team

Mexico City

March 22, 2024





Arca Continental, the bottler for the Coca-Cola system, announced plans to invest 9.35 billion pesos (mdp) in Mexico during 2024 to enhance its production chains and distribution capabilities. The investment is part of a larger growth project with a total budget of 17 billion pesos, covering countries such as Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, and the United States.

During the company's annual shareholders' meeting, executives emphasized Mexico's competitive advantages for their global operations. Of the total budget, Mexico will receive 55%, equivalent to 9.35 billion pesos, while South America and the United States will receive 7.65 billion pesos, accounting for the remaining 45%.

Details regarding specific projects or cities where Arca Continental will expand its operations have not been disclosed yet. However, the objectives will focus on enhancing production, logistics, promoting the use of digital tools, strengthening new beverage categories, and expanding community value projects.

In 2023, the brand consolidated 2,473 million unit cases (MCU), with sales exceeding 213 billion pesos, reflecting a growth of 2.8% compared to 2022. Net profits reached 17.504 billion pesos, with a net margin of 8.2%, marking a 12.9% growth compared to 2022.

Jorge Santos Reyna, Chairman of the Board, highlighted, "Driven by the commitment and professionalism of Arca Continental's employees, we continue to strengthen a sustainable business model that has allowed us to deliver positive results throughout our history, with ethical principles and a conviction to make a positive difference in the communities we serve."

The company also shared achievements in environmental care and sustainability, securing a position for the second consecutive year within the Sustainability Yearbook category by S&P Global, in addition to sustainability indexes on the Mexican Stock Exchange, among others.

"2023's positive results across all markets where we operate reaffirm our path of profitable and sustainable growth, driven by continuous improvement of operational and commercial capabilities, flawless execution at the point of sale, as well as accelerated digital transformation, value capture, and ongoing employee development," highlighted Arturo Gutiérrez, CEO.

Share this post:


< BACK